Friday, May 15, 2009

The Beauty and Obedience of Veiling at Mass


Jane Teresa gives her take on Veiling at Mass.

Here’s an excerpt:

Over time, I have grown into a deeper understanding of the beauty of veiling. I started veiling my head during Mass only because of a vague sense of the Holy and because of an instinctual humility at encountering it. I hadn't experienced the traditional Mass, and I also hadn't been taught perhaps the most important thing that anyone can be taught. As is written in the Baltimore Catechism, the four principle ends of the Mass are:

First, to adore God as our Creator and Lord.
Second, to thank God for His many favours.
Third, to ask God to bestow His blessings on all men.
Fourth, to satisfy the justice of God for the sins committed against Him.

She ends her posting with a link to a Latin Mass Society article on veiling, entitled "Wear your Mantilla with Pride".


No comments:

Post a Comment